Creating sub-accounts is the perfect way for businesses with multiple departments or users to manage usage and balance.
From your parent account, you can customize sub accounts exactly the way you want them and manage accounts permissions
To create a sub account, you will first need to enable the feature from the store to activate the Sub-Account feature.
Once you have enabled the Sub-Account feature, you will be able to manage your child accounts; you can add unlimited number of subaccounts with no limitation.
To create a new sub account, go to Add Account and enter account details for your child account.
It is important to note that the username on each sub account is an individual email, and will be used to log in and access the account. An activation email will be sent to the sub account email containing the password and an activation code will be sent to the sub account mobile number, activation code is required to verify the created sub account.
A newly created sub account will have a 0 balance, you can set a specific amount to be transferred from your wallet to your sub account wallet, or you can share your balance to allow your sub account to use it. You can also transfer balance back to your parent account anytime.
Sub account Privileges
To manage you sub accounts privileges, check the action you want to permit your sub account to use when you create or edit a sub account.
- Add Sender ID's: Allows the sub account to add a new Sender ID, the sub account default Sender ID is the registered mobile number.
- API Apps: Allows the sub account to create or edit an API application.
- Manage Audience: Allows the sub account to add new groups and contacts.
- Interactive Messages: Allows the sub account to check incoming messages, manage keywords and reply rules.
- Billing & Payments: Allows the sub account to access the parent account billing information such as payments history and monthly invoices, in addition to access the store to upgrade plan, add balance or add an extra add-on on behalf of the parent account.
A parent account can view all resources related to sub accounts such as Sender ID's, Audience groups, and pre-paid packages, while a subaccount will not be able to view resources related to other accounts unless it is shared by the parent account. Available sharing settings are:
- Only Me: The resource can be viewed and accessed only by the parent account.
- Public: The resource can be viewed and used by parent and all sub accounts.
- Custom: The parent can share a resource with specific sub account, with specific customization such as edit privilege.
Balance and Units Sharing
In the balance section the parent account can share with your sub accounts credit or units.
1. Balance sharing:
The parent account has two options to:
- Transfer balance: the parent can share a specific amount of the account to the sub account. The amount should not exceed the parent account current balance.
- Transfer back: the parent can transfer back the remaining balance shared with the subaccount at any time.
2. Units Sharing:
Parent account can share package units; sharing settings is "Only Me" by default meaning that only the parent account can use it. Public package means that all accounts can use the same package with no units' limitation and the custom share allows the parent to share a defined number of units with specific sub accounts.
The parent has two options to share units with the sub account:
- After the subaccount is created, click on the account name.
- Scroll down to the balance section – Units and Packages.
- Select the package you wish to share the units from.
- Add the number of units, then click on Save.
- Go to Account Usage , and click the sharing icon for the package
- Define the sub account by writing down the sub account name
- Define number of units to share
- Click on share
The parent account can’t use the shared units with a subaccount; the parent can at any time remove the remaining units from the subaccount.
Sub Accounts Usage
Parent account can view the usage of all sub accounts in the reports, to view the logs for a specific sub account filter reports according to the required sub account.
Detailed report can also be grouped by subaccounts by adding the "Account" column to the report as shown below
Sub Accounts Details
In the Accounts Management page, the parent account can export two types of reports about the sub accounts:
- Subaccounts details: in which all accounts details will be exported; name, email, mobile number, status, sharing balance, remaining balance, and remaining units.
- Action log: the action log will show every credit transaction has been taken; either its for sharing balance or units.