Send Your first Text Message
Communicate with your targeted audience through text messages. Unifonic could communication provides various methods for sending text messages such as
- Web interface: Send Text messages campaigns from the web to your end users handsets.
- Excel plug-in: Send personalized text messages directly from Microsoft EXCEL without the need to upload your contacts and send messages from the web. See Excel Plug-in help guide for more details
- Email to SMS: Quick and easy way to send messages through emails with no need to login to apps or websites. See Email to SMS help guide for more details.
- API's: We have created SMPP, REST API and SDK's libraries to help you connect your application. Check API Doc to see how you can write and test your applications.
In this article we will take you through sending a message to your recipients from Unifonic cloud web interface.
Step 1: Select your sender ID (the name your message will be sent from). Your default sender ID is your registered mobile number, but you can change it any time under “Request Sender ID” or by going to Message Preference, to know more about sender IDs See details.
Step 2: Define your recipients. Your recipients field content can be mobile numbers, your created audience (contact or group name), or a file.
- Numbers: To send to many mobile number enter mobile numbers separated by commas, you can add up to 100 numbers.
- Audience: Start typing your contact or group name already created in your Audience
- File: Import numbers from a file. File extension should be .xls, .xlsx, .CSV or .txt. For an Excel file it should contain one column only of recipients' numbers, with no header and maximum number of rows is 50,000. Contact number must be in international format, example (4452023498).
Step 3: Enter your message body. Text message support Unicode characters and a counter will show you the count of your characters and units. Length for Unicode (Arabic) message unit is 70 characters for the first unit, 63 for the second and 66 for the rest concatenated units. You can send up to 10 concatenated messages units. Maximum Length for English message is 160 characters for the first unit,145 characters for the second and 152 for the rest concatenated units. You can send up to 10 concatenated messages units.
If you are sending a message to a created contact or group in your audience, you can personalize your message by adding one of the placeholders in the body of the message. This will let you include your recipients' personal information in the body of the message, without the need to rewrite the message each time; all you need to do is replace that information with a placeholder.
Example: It will be very time consuming to send the same message with different first name and email address 50 people as below
Instead you can personalize your message by adding a one of the available placeholders so the message will include the personal information for each individual contact.
Step 4: You can optionally schedule your message to be sent in a specific time and choose how frequent that message is to be sent. Schedule your messages by ticking the “Schedule this message” option and fill in your schedule details
- Repeats: You can repeat your message every day, week, month and year or Never if the message is meant to be sent only one time.
- Scheduled Date: set the date to send your message in. Start and end date if you want to repeat your message.
- Time: Set the time to send your message in. You can set your account time zone from your Account Information.
- Repeat On: If you choose to repeat the message every week, here you can choose on which week day! If you choose to repeat it every month, then here you can choose which month day! And if you choose to repeat it every year, then here you can choose on which month and day.
Step 5: Click the "Create" button to send your message. Your message will be validated to be sent; validation will consider your balance, recipients' numbers format and message content. You will get a success message and your text message will be sent or scheduled successfully, or your message will be rejected providing the rejection reason.
You can monitor your created web text messages whether sent directly or scheduled in your outbox with the current message status.
Outbox will list all created messages in the web interface only (Messages sent through APIs will not be listed) and show its current status as:
- Scheduled: a message that is planned to be sent in a specific time.
- Completed: a message that was successfully processed and entered the sending queue. This doesn’t mean that your message has been sent to recipients.
- Processing: Under processing message, applies on big data campaign that is being currently processed.
- Rejected: A message that was rejected.
- Paused: A message that was paused.
· Batch Sending
Your uploaded file can contain up to one million numbers. For big campaigns data, messages will be divided to batches to be entered to the sending queue. The campaign status will be shown as "Processing" where you can pause the remaining messages that have not yet entered the sending queue. When the campaign is completed, you will get a notification alert informing you that the sending had completed.
· Pause / Resume message sending
You can pause the sending of a message when the status of it is either "Processing" or "Scheduled" and resume a paused message where sending will be resumed from the coming sent message.